Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bubbles Bubbles Everywhere!






New Years Eve!!!! The night that is synonymous with champagne and sparkling wine. I'm not a big fan of the day, but I am a big fan of the bubbly. Here are few options that i like to go with on a night like this. And I also have included a couple that are my wife's favorites as well.
First up is a cava from right outside Barcelona in the Penedes region: Juvee Camps. Maid mainly from the "free-run juice" of Macabeu, Xarel-lo and Parellada grapes, this cava is bright, gold and full of bubbles. It is a strong cava in that the taste is long. It has a nice hint of fruit and citrus. I think you'll enjoy it.

Next up are two of my wife's favorites: Chandon Rosé, and Sofía Rosé from Coppola
Being rosé's, these two have a lot of fruit in their flavor. The Sofía is brighther in color. With so much flavor, these two explode in your mouth (insert joke here). They are a lot of fun to drink, and go well with pretty much anything on your plate. I've never had them with a nice filet, but I'm sure it would be a great experience.

Have fun tonight, and good luck in 2010.
We will be talking.

Cheers,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment