Thursday, December 3, 2009

Welcome to Mi Vinos

Hello and welcome to Mi Vinos.

As far back as I can remember, wine has been a part of my life. Growing up, wine was always present at the dinner table. My father and grandfather would always have wine with dinner. And when my mother wasn't looking they would let me take sips from their glass. After dinner, my grandfather would go to the front porch to smoke his daily cigar and finish off his wine. There I would sit with him as he recounted stories of his youth in Barcelona.

The very first wine I ever tasted was Sangre de Toro, my Grandfathers favorite. I thought it was so cool because each bottle came with a little plastic spanish bull, which I collected. As time passed, my exposure to wine continued, and continues to this day. At this point I want to make it clear, I am not a sommelier, wine distributor, or any other type of profession that deals with wine. I simply enjoy drinking wine, which I imagine most do.

My goal for this blog is to simply keep track and share my experiences every time I open up a new bottle. If it helps others, great. If not, oh well.
Bibo, ergo sum!

No comments:

Post a Comment